- About USjournal.com, LLC
- Advertising / Promotional Options
- Advertising Rate Card (pdf)
- Academic Program Listing (pdf)
- Current USjournal.com Advertisers
- Current USjournal.com Services
- Follow USjournal on LinkedIn
- FundsV Named Innovation Finalist
- Growth in Online Language Usage
- Multi-lingual Campaign Advantages
- SkyRadio Audio Segment (wma)
- Strategic Partnership with USDOC
- USjournal History
- USjournal Innovation Lab
FAQs about USjournal.com's Services
- How long have you been in business?
- What do you do, exactly?
- What kinds of support services do you offer?
- How much does it cost? Are your prices negotiable?
- I represent a small English Language Program. How can I effectively utilize your services?
- All marketing and recruitment for our college is done by me, and I am a 1/2-time professional employee... Can you provide promotional services that are easy on our own staff time, so that we are getting just the core inquiries that we seek?
- How many hits does your site get?
- How would prospective students find us within your site?
- How do I sign up?
USjournal.com, LLC evolved from a costly print publication in the early 1990s to a much more efficient online approach in April 1996. From the very beginning, we've focused on one audience: prospective international students. We concentrate on the quality of leads from prospective students worldwide, and not the quantity. USjournal.com is not a simple, comprehensive directory of U.S. academic options; our sponsors specifically seek to enroll non-U.S. students. We'll work with our advertisers to filter inquiries according to their individual specifications. We feature a rolling deadline so you can see results promptly.
USjournal.com C.I.E.O. Cheryl Darrup-Boychuck has been an active NAFSA (Association for International Educators) member for years:
- Consistently chairs and co-presents popular sessions at NAFSA Annual and Regional Conferences
- Regularly addresses non-U.S. student questions on Voice of America
- Routinely contributes to industry publications, such as the Community College Journal and Advising Quarterly
- Accepted the distinguished award of Education Site of the Year from Yahoo! en Espaņol for EstudiosUSA.com, the Spanish sister site of USjournal.com.
- Continues to lead the way in this dynamic industry of online international student recruitment.
USjournal.com is solely dedicated to encouraging non-U.S. students to learn more about U.S. educational opportunities. While our Internet-based services provide a firm foundation, we also feature many additional perks that are included in our very reasonable prices, such as customized eMail campaigns to specific populations of our ever-increasing student database, and cross-promotions with a number of respected organizations dedicated to international education. We feel confident that USjournal.com can successfully supplement international recruitment efforts on campuses around the country, via very targeted promotional campaigns.
The primary audience of USjournal.com includes students from around the world who are eager to learn more about academic options offered in the States. We provide valuable information about the often-complicated process of U.S. admissions. Our site is constantly evolving to accommodate the latest technologies, including a six-minute animated film and RSS / XML news feeds.
Our objective is a high conversion rate of inquiries to actual enrollees, so sponsors don't waste valuable resources on candidates not likely to enroll. The limited number of advertisers on our site fosters a more exclusive representation of featured programs, when compared to other recruitment venues. Given our consistently high renewal rates, it's obvious that our sponsors truly appreciate our philosophy of quality-over-quantity.
Our support services are quite comprehensive, as we're always seeking new ways to enhance our advertisers' campaigns. That's why we never charge additional fees to modify campaigns at any point throughout an advertiser's 12-month contract. We work to enhance your marketing plan in general.
The bottom line: Our bread-and-butter is obviously online, but our ultimate objective is to help you succeed in any promotional capacity. We envision the evolution of other creative twists on traditional campaigns, such as advertising on the online-equivalents of language-specific community newspapers or radio stations. The possibilities are truly limited only by our imaginations.
Firstly, no, our prices are not negotiable (unless the advertiser purchases five or more language translations). We do not discount our English campaigns, as our prices are already extremely competitive given our attention to detail and personalized follow-up.
Regarding costs: Our comprehensive, 12-month English campaign costs just $1,195. Please keep in mind that you're welcome to suggest modifications to any element of your USjournal.com ad campaign at any time, for no additional charge throughout our 12-month contract; just e-mail us with your suggestions, and we'll upload them into our system.
Our non-English campaigns are also gaining greatly in popularity. We currently feature 16 different independent domains:
- USAcademics-cn.com in Simplified Chinese
- USAcademics-tw.com in Traditional Chinese
- USAcademics-kr.com in Korean
- USAcademics-jp.com in Japanese
- USAcademics-th.com in Thai
- USAcademics-vn.com in Vietnamese
- USAcademics-ru.com in Russian
- USAcademics-tr.com in Turkish
- USAcademics-ar.com in Arabic
- USAcademics-in.com in Hindi
- USAcademics.com in English
- AmerikaSerikat.com in Indonesian
- EstudiosUSA.com in Spanish
- Universitaet-USA.com in German
- Academicas.us in Portuguese
- Universites.us in French
Our 12-month Latin-character language campaigns cost $1,595 each; and other languages cost $1,895 each. Of course, you may choose any combination of languages. For more sponsorship information: http://www.usjournal.com/en/educators/sponsor.html or contact us by phone (570-205-4020) or eMail.
There are many opportunities with us, depending on your own individual variables. Multi-lingual Campaigns provide one option. The advantage of supplementing your English campaign with non-English campaigns is that you're pretty well assured that the inquiries generated indeed need English language training. Not surprisingly, Spanish has traditionally been our strongest non-English language, in terms of inquiry generation, while other languages are coming on strong. Advertisers may promote as many programs as you'd like, including certificate and degree-granting programs at your institution. We can customize our services for each program listed; for example, we can forward undergraduate inquiries to email@example.com, and graduate inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatever, and forward ESL inquiries to email@example.com. We can also customize our Automated Responses for each program.
All marketing and recruitment for our college is done by me, and I am a 1/2-time professional employee... (To elaborate on the question:) Time is very tight, and time does not permit me to become engaged in interesting, but time-consuming marketing projects. Further, under normal circumstances money is tight as well. In the present state of our state's budget, money is more than tight. So those are our practical realities. We look for partnerships / associations / advertising that involve minimal staff time for monitoring and response. We would not want to become engaged with a partner if we did not have the staff time to provide for effective and timely follow-up... Can you provide promotional services that are easy on our own staff time? Can you simplify your program for us, so that we are getting just the core inquiries that we seek?
Actually, our campaigns are structured specifically for colleagues in that type of situation:
- Once we receive your Space Reservation Form and Program Selection Chart (via fax to 866-477-9810), we'll generate an invoice which will be due in 30 days.
- During that time, you may send me specific text and images to post on your Profile. Alternatively, we'll create your Profile by extracting current info from your website. We'll send you a draft, so you can just review and edit it.
- We'll also structure your Automated Responses to emulate successful campaigns we've seen in the past. I'll include text and links that explain in simple terms what the student needs to do next in the enrollment process. There's no limit to the number of words or hyperlinks in our customized Automated Responses.
- Some students needs more nurturing than others, so we'll send you monthly Excel Reports which compile all student inquiry activity generated by your USjournal.com campaign. The Report is in addition to the single-messages you'll receive a few minutes after the student expresses interest in your program, so you can quickly browse their Comments to see if that particular inquiry warrants more attention than others.
We truly understand the situation of over-worked, under-paid colleagues whose first priority is abiding by federal law. In a perfect world, marketers / recruiters would respond-on-demand to every prospective student inquiry. That's simply not possible on many campuses, particularly those challenged in this dynamic world of international recruitment. We're here to help you help the student through your own specific enrollment funnel, so you spend time on those students at the narrow, yield end of the funnel -- those who are likely to enroll in your particular program.
The inquiries we send you are already filtered; students who use USjournal.com must select specific U.S. campuses from which to inquire: There is no one-click method to request info about hundreds of campuses. As a matter of fact, about 35 percent of our student traffic inquire about just one campus.
We've always focused on quality more than quantity of inquiries, and we realize that type of approach is more important now than ever before. Our staff is readily available to discuss any of these dynamic (but ultimately simple for you) mechanisms.
We actually get thousands of impressions per day, but we're much more interested in the number of qualified student inquiries we forward to our advertisers. About 35 percent of our student traffic inquire about just one advertising campus; we do not mass-distribute our student data to all of our advertisers. In marketing terms, we believe that the pull method is much more effective than the push method.
Please review our current sponsor listing. You're welcome to contact any of our current advertisers yourself, to inquire about their level of satisfaction with our services.
Students browse our site, and inquire about individual programs in one of four ways:
- Via an advertiser's Featured Campus / Internal Link from the side column on our home page (additional $395 per year), which leads to the advertiser's Profile within USjournal.com.
- Via an advertiser's Direct Campus / External Link from the side column on our home page (additional $695 per year), which leads to the advertiser's independent domain outside of USjournal.com. With External Links, we can track only the number of click-throughs, but no particular demographic data.
- By selecting specific programs resulting from their specific criteria input on our selection page.
- Via our sophisticated internal search mechanism, found at the top right corner of every page within USjournal.com.
A prospective student must specify their academic and degree preferences at a particular campus that interests him / her, and complete the data fields on our inquiry form in order for their inquiry to be forwarded on to our advertiser. That info is forwarded in two ways:
- Within five minutes after the student clicks our submit button, a simple e-message with that data is automatically forwarded to the advertiser's specified forwarding e-address (we can customize the forwarding e-address and Auto-Response for each one of the advertiser's academic programs).
- That same data is automatically fed into our database, which generates specific advertiser Excel Reports (sent as e-attachments to a specified e-address) a few minutes after midnight on the last day of each week, month or quarter (according to advertiser preference). These reports compile all prospective student inquiry activity specifically for that advertiser.
Another way that prospective students find particular advertisers within our site is via our global online campaigns, where we automatically direct users to specific links within our site according to the keywords / key phrases they input in popular search engines around the world. For more information about these pay-per-click promotions, please e-mail us.
To become a USjournal.com sponsor, complete the forms (.pdf files) found at
Then fax them to 866-477-9810, and we will begin working on your campaign.
Alternatively, just call Cheryl at 570-205-4020, or write to cheryl@USjournal.com, and we'll fax you our simple pricing and procedures paperwork.
We will begin working on your campaign immediately. Please provide us with appropriate text and images for your Profile, via e-mail. Alternatively, I will create a draft for your review. Once we post a draft of the advertisement, we will correspond via e-mail or phone until you are satisfied with the presentation of the campaign. Please keep in mind that there is no charge for any modifications to your ad throughout the course of our 12-month contract. Also note that you are responsible for notifying us of any changes to Internet addresses, eMail addresses, or any other information included in your campaign.
The objective of the USjournal.com is to provide you with qualified student inquiries -- candidates likely to enroll in your particular programs. We are very interested in knowing the ratio of our prospective students to your actual enrollees.
For a complete explanation of our value-added services, please review our Sponsorship Page. Stay tuned to that page for updates, as we continue to lead the way in this dynamic industry of international student recruitment.