|Improving Efficiency, Integrity
More is not always better, especially when it comes to generating prospective international student inquiries. More inquiries generally means more work, and a less impressive yield of initial inquiries to actual enrollees.
International educators (namely, clients of USjournal.com) expressed frustration in effectively qualifying prospective students who increasingly inquired online. Admissions counselors needed a better way to authenticate their applicants' financial documentation, earlier in the admissions cycle.
The Solution: FundsV significantly improves the efficiency and integrity of the current process for verifying funding sources of prospective international students and sponsors around the world. The FundsV Working Group, assembled at the request of Belgium-based SWIFT (Society for Worldwide
Interbank Financial Telecommunication), is addressing the need for information efficiency in global student mobility. The Group's goal is to ultimately develop worldwide standards for international student funds verification, so prospective students can satisfy host requirements with speed, certainty and confidence.
Opportunity to Participate in the Beta: The FundsV Beta will launch on Monday, 3 October. Two slots are still available to U.S. campuses who would like to engage in the process. Benefits include:
- Lower costs related to authenticating prospective international students' financial documentation
- Reduce operational risk when attempting to qualify candidates likely to secure their student visa
- Maximize efficiencies earlier in the recruitment process, to focus resources on students likely to enroll
- Access the financial industry's leading platform to exchange financial information securely and reliably
- Provide candid feedback that strongly influences the development of the online funds verification service
- Contribute to the development of global standards, ultimately in compliance with ISO20022
- Continue using FundsV for no charge, for two years after beta testing (U.S. host universities only)
Schedule a demo today!
Contact cheryl@USjournal.com to schedule a slot
- 9 Sept, On-Campus FundsV Demo in Seattle
- 3-5 Nov, NAFSA Region VIII Conference in Philadelphia
- 6-8 Nov, NAFSA Region X Conference in Bolton Landing, New York
- 5-7 Dec, ICEF Workshop in Miami
Also, look for our article Trends in Transparency in the upcoming issue of IIE Networker Magazine, published by the Institute of International Education.
|USjournal.com: Your source for translations in 16 languages
Advertise with us
Forward to a friend
Your name is in our database because of past correspondence. If you know of other colleagues who would benefit from this newsletter, please forward it. Also, let me know if you would rather not receive future eUpdates. Thanks!
You may re-print this communique in full, under the condition that you include Reprinted with permission of Cheryl Darrup-Boychuck, cheryl@USjournal.com.
P.O. Box 363
Corning, New York