Generating ideas for International Enrollment Management
Since 1996, USjournal has proven itself as a leader in innovative approaches to international student recruitment. That hallmark of USjournal's success is crystallized within Harvard Business Review's article, The Big Shift: Measuring the Forces of Change (July - August 2009): The more the business environment changes, the faster the value of what you know at any given point in time diminishes. In this world, success hinges on the ability to participate in a growing array of knowledge flows in order to rapidly refresh your knowledge stocks.
Led by Cheryl DarrupBoychuck, our laboratory has produced a number of advancements:
- Funds Verification for International Students: We're improving the efficiency and integrity of the funds verification process for international students and scholars, empowering them to point their online banking data to authorized hosts. GoAbroad named the FundsV Working Group as one of five worldwide finalists in their 2012 Innovative Use of Technology competition. Contact cheryl@FundsV.com to learn more.
- Models to Measure Return on Investment (ROI) in International Student Recruitment:
- Innovative Educators' Webinar (2009), Podcast
- NAFSA's Guide to International Student Recruitment, 2nd Edition
Chapter 3.5, Measuring Results, nafsa.org
- International Students: Strengthening a Critical Resource, available at amazon.com
Within Chapter 4, A Simple Approach to Measuring Return on Investment in International Student Recruitment
- Working with Agents: As Network Leader for NAFSA's Marketing and Recruiting Network from 2007-09, Cheryl edited a timely and popular resource entitled Working with Agents which includes the latest information on legality and standards, a cultural history, and sample contracts when dealing with third-party / in-country / commission-based colleagues.
- Multi-lingual Promotional Model for Countries other than the United States: Based on USjournal's success in 17 different languages, we've developed a cohesive promotional software package to market academic consortia worldwide.